Reporting Line: Technical Operations Manager
Hours of Work: 38 hours per week
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Working Hours: Mon-Thur 08:00-16:30 Fri 08:00-14:30
Purpose of position:
The Project Manager will be responsible for the execution of multiple customer orders/projects ranging from £100k to £4m. The implementation of the projects will commence from order placement and hand-over from the Sales Department through to customer acceptance of the system and clearance of all outstanding snags.
Senior and middle management, customers and suppliers throughout UK, Europe and ROW. Work colleagues from design, production, service and administration.
- Main customer interface in the entire order execution phase;
- Creates and maintains multiple project timing plans and requests required resources from internal departments (e.g. Design, Production, Commissioning) and/or group or external partners;
- Monitors project cost development including initiation of cost saving measures when required;
- Manages project risks;
- Coordinates all project related site activities including preparation of site surveys, RAMS and progress inspections;
- Ensures internal and external communication on project progress;
- Ensures relevant project documentation to a high standard;
- Decides on priorities between different projects together with company management;
- Develops the Company Order Management System further;
- Supports Sales process where required;
We are seeking an entrepreneurial thinking engineering professional with a true passion for modern manufacturing who wants to actively contribute to the continuing growth of the business. The successful candidate must be a people person, willing to travel globally to meet customers and suppliers.
HND or higher in an engineering faculty;Profound knowledge in business administration/commercial aspects;
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment;
- Project management experience with excellent organisational and leadership skills;
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft office to include day to day experience of excel sheets, excellent report writing skills and document management experience;
- Outstanding communication skills, German language skills are an advantage but not necessary;
Interested parties are requested to forward CVs direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 31st January 2018, 14:00 hrs.