Service Engineer for Environmental Test Equipment (2 positions)
Two positions available
- South Wales and South West England (Bridgend to Gloucester and Hereford to Bristol)
- Eastern England (Luton and Milton Keynes area)
Reporting Line: Service Manager
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Salary: £32,000.00 per annum
Core Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:30
Weiss Technik UK is part of the German based Weiss Technik Group, the world's largest manufacturer of environmental testing equipment and one of four divisions of the Schunk Group, which employs approximately 8,000 people worldwide and has a turnover in excess of 1 billion Euro.
Our environmental simulation product range includes the supply of standard and customised test chambers and rooms for temperature and climatic, environmental stress screening, corrosion and pharmaceutical stability testing. We also offer sports science rooms, laboratory and industrial ovens. Products can range from bench mounted units to large drive in facilities with project values ranging from ten thousand pounds to multi million pounds.
Our customer base is wide and varied but mainly includes automotive, aerospace and electronics. We also complete many projects within the university sector for research and development projects. We’ve built our long-standing reputation as a trusted supplier of environmental testing products through technological innovation and service excellence.
Weiss Technik UK employs a team of over 80 staff in two locations and has a manufacturing plant in our South Wales location.
Purpose of position
To service and repair climatic, pharmaceutical and biological chambers of varying sizes manufactured by Weiss Technik UK Ltd and other manufacturers. The role is based in the field and refrigeration, electrical and some mechanical experience is required.
Senior and middle management, customers and suppliers throughout the UK, Europe and ROW. Work colleagues from design, production, service and administration.
- Repair and maintenance of refrigeration and electrical systems;
- To undertake planned maintenance, calibration and validation of equipment;
- On a daily basis, to travel and work at different customer locations across the area where necessary;
- To work at customer locations outside the UK when required;
- To work on project installations in the UK and overseas as and when required;
- To take instructions from management and the service coordinators on priority jobs to attend;
- To work in a safe manner such that risks to self and others are always considered and minimised;
- To complete service documentation in a professional and timely manner as requested by the company;
- To take care of all company equipment, so that it is safe from theft or potential damage and report any issues to the company concerning damaged equipment or equipment that needs to be replaced;
- To keep the company informed of changes at particular customers with particular emphasis on customer satisfaction and opportunities for the customer to purchase additional services and products;
- To be flexible to work on varying product lines (training to be provided);
- When with customers to be an ambassador;
- To keep the service manager and service coordinators fully informed of progress of ongoing work;
- To be part of the weekend rota, any other rota which is reasonably requested and to undertake a reasonable amount of weekend work depending on business capacity and workload;
- This role involves daily travel which may also need overnight stays or extended time away from home at customer site either within your area, rest of the UK or overseas;
- Willingness to learn and attend training training/induction period at our Ebbw Vale site;
We are seeking an enthusiastic, forward thinking individual with a passion for modern manufacturing who wants to actively contribute to the continuing growth of the business. The successful candidate must be a people person, able to problem solve, use own initiative and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
City & Guilds 17th Edition of Electrical Installations;
City & Guilds F Gas & ODS Regs 2079;
Competent in mechanical applications;
Competent in electrical 3 phase systems;
Safe Gas qualification in oxygen fuels;
Safe Gas qualification for LN2 would be an advantage;
Minimum qualification on copper pipe brazing;
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Conversant with commercial and industrial electrical systems;
- Electronic controls/controllers knowledge would be advantageous;
- Capable of diagnosing and fixing problems associated with controllers and control software (training will be provided);
- Knowledge of refrigeration circuits and systems covering a range of refrigerants;
- Knowledge of cascade refrigeration would be an advantage;
- Knowledge and experience with LN2 cooling system;
- Experience in brazing;
- Capable of working alone normal hours, weekends and out of hours on customer sites;
- Capable of making engineering decision that comply with all Health & Safety policies;
- Articulate in written and spoken English;
- Ability to travel within a given area, rest of UK and possibly overseas with overnight and extended stays if required;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to customer;
- To work independently with minimal supervision;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages;
Interested parties are requested for forward CVs direct to email@example.com stating the area you are applying for.
Closing date for application is Wednesday 31st January 2018, 14:00 hrs.