Systems and Refrigeration Design Engineer
Reporting Line: Technical Operations Manager
Hours of Work: 38 hours per week
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Working Hours: Mon-Thur 08:00-16:30 Fri 08:00-14:30
Purpose of position:
To take responsibility for the design and development of industrial refrigeration applications to include refrigeration modules and pipework design as well as heating, humidity and airflow systems.
Senior and middle management, customers and suppliers throughout the UK, Europe and ROW. Work colleagues from design, production, service and administration.
- Preparation of thermo dynamic system layout including duty calculations for vital system parts i.e. refrigeration, heating, humidity and airflow
- Production of detailed P&ID diagrams and refrigeration drawings incl. BOMs in accordance with the customers’ specification and the company’s design procedures;
- Development of refrigeration designs on integral and remote systems for environmental chambers;
- Drive ‘right first time’ culture in the business to minimize re-work and costs;
- Manage projects effectively to ensure that they are delivered on time, on budget and to the customers’ specifications;
- Be the key technical authority on refrigeration design following all relevant legal refrigeration and pressure vessel regulations, and ensure that legal and technological changes are introduced into our products in close cooperation with the Group headquarter in Germany;
- Provide design support to other departments, suppliers and customers when necessary;
- Support the entire Design Team and help make decisions, which will influence the company’s product strategy and refrigeration technology;
We are seeking a high caliber engineering professional with a true passion for modern manufacturing who can contribute to the continuing growth of the business.
HND or higher in System and Thermal Process Engineering;A practical training background in refrigeration and air conditioning would be an advantage;
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment for low temperature applications down to -40C, ideally down to -70C;
- Experience in performing calculations in the areas of fluid mechanics, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics and heat transfer;
- Experience in different refrigeration system types i.e. single stage and cascade systems, LN2 and CO2 cooling; $$Full working knowledge and abilities of Autocad;
- Project management experience with excellent organisational and leadership skills;
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft office to include day to day experience of excel sheets, excellent report writing skills and document management experience;
- Outstanding communication skills, German language skills are an advantage but not necessary;
Training would be available to a high potential candidate who does not meet all qualifications and experiences.
Interested parties are requested to forward CVs direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 31st January 2018, 14:00 hrs.